DEVELOP 2017: Build your readiness for Mining and Oil & Gas
Resources Ready: [DEVELOP] 2017 is a structured series of workshops delivered by RESA to companies working in, or seeking to enter the Mining and Oil and Gas sectors. Supported strongly by the South Australian Government and Industry, the program is designed to build the skills critical for success in the resources industry supply chain.
[DEVELOP] is delivered over six months as a series of full-day workshops, each focusing on a different aspect of the sector, specifically;
- Session 1: Introduction and Readiness
- Session 2: Assessing your Business
- Session 3: Building your Market Strategy
- Session 4: Order Taker to Solution Maker
- Session 5: Selling to the Resources Industry
- Session 6: New Markets
The seminars include presentations by key guest speakers and industry thought leaders, accompanied by up-to-date and actionable market intelligence. During the workshops, participants are coached through practical implementation and have the opportunity to work in small facilitated groups with other businesses to build networks, share strategies, and create innovative new approaches within their business. Between sessions participants have access to mentoring and coaching from presenters and additional opportunities to network and grow the business.
[DEVELOP] is for:
- Established resources suppliers looking to grow their business
- Established companies looking to diversify and enter the sector
- Innovation focused companies looking to apply their ideas to resources
- Agile companies with a services focus
Graduates of the 2016 DEVELOP program
Participants will develop:
- a strong understanding of the resources market, and how their company can thrive in the mining supply chain,
- the ability to attain the necessary certifications and compliances, and understanding of safety awareness and focus, including an understanding of how to pre-qualify,
- insights in how to create a “point of difference”, and articulate a unique value proposition,
- the ability to generate and apply new business models and processes that assist in commercialisation, growing and capturing value,
- an understanding of the resources tendering process,
- business development skills and understanding for market positioning, including techniques to present the company to potential industry buyers, including tender presentations and social media,
- development of a strong value proposition for product or service offerings to the sector as well as how to market to key clients,
- understanding the culture including safety requirements of the sector and how companies can best meet those requirements, and
- connection into the resources sector and other like-minded suppliers.
In 2016, RESA successfully delivered DEVELOP as part of the PACE Supply Chain Development program for the South Australian Government. The inaugural DEVELOP program has proven highly valuable to attendees from growth focused enterprises.
Testimonials about [DEVELOP]
“...again another very good and thought provoking session. I’m glad there is a month between each one as we need this time, amongst our day jobs, to put ideas into action.”
Allan Morton Chairman, Laserbond
“The Develop program organised and run by RESA has challenged our conventional thinking that has driven successful business throughout the recent boom times. The program has introduced us to guest speakers who have provided solid insight into today’s energy and resources supply chains, during one-on-one mentoring, and clearly laid out the current commercial landscape for SMEs to best position themselves in. The seminars and workshops are upbeat, interesting and provide for diverse networking opportunities. Even if you’re an experienced manager or Business Development Manager, I would not hesitate to recommend the program.”
Leigh Whicker Director, Enervate Consulting
“This program has been very valuable, I’m already working with two companies I met through the program”
Dr. Vinay Sriram General Manager (Engineering), IPACS Australia
2016 Guest presenters Andrew Leunig (Leunig Advisory) and Lachlan Crowe (Department of State Development)
The program is designed to provide companies with a range of support during the course of the program, and is based upon learning and skills development methodology similar to that used in MBA and higher degree programs. In session content is recorded and available 24/7 through the RESA portal, along with additional supporting material and supporting information.
During the program, participants have access to mentoring from program facilitators, coaches and guest speakers, who will assist participants in building their resources strategy and identifying key opportunities within the industry. Participants also have access to support from RESA staff for developing their resources products and services offering, social media and web support, and the RESA Industry Benchmarking feedback for measuring business readiness.
The program is intended for senior leaders and decision makers within companies, and people in growth and strategic focused roles. It is also suitable for emerging leaders in positions of influence.
Key presenters include
- Procurement experts from major resource companies
- Experienced facilitators from resource industry backgrounds
- Key innovation experts
- Marketing and Social Media professionals
- Government support agencies
Each session is followed by one-to-one meetings with mentors discussing the participant’s specific issues.
RESA’s facilitated and integrated delivery approach provides participants with ongoing engagement and networking, building program participants into collaborators on a business journey.
DEVELOP 2017 will commence on 2 May 2017, and run for six months, with sessions held monthly in a central Adelaide location.
An industry co-contribution of $1,900 excl GST will be applied to participating companies. Eligibility criteria apply.
For more information, contact
Tel: (08) 7325 8501
2016 Course Facilitator Anton Guinea (RoweSMG) and Guest Presenter Karyn Biggs-Rudder (Santos)